I'm a student / professional, a bit new to OpenJDK, been to OpenJDK hackdays before, where do I continue from ?
- Build your own VM or Build your own light-weight VM followed by Sharing host folder with guest VM, and ending at the section Sources Code.
- To get an overview of the directory and file structures of OpenJDK, see See directory structure of various OpenJDK projects.
- Try this out first, Change the Random.java class.
- Read all about Java's Regression Test framework, at How to use JTReg… - Java Regression Test Harness ?, before proceeding further to the next topic.
- Try this next, Change the StringBuffer.java class to add a new method.
- Take a look at OpenJDK Projects and Adopt OpenJDK projects.
- Testing Java Early
- Code Analysis of OpenJDK projects and OpenJDK Code Coverage [Interesting]
- Patches - how to create and submit them (webrev) - how to create patches and submit to the OpenJDK team.
- Take a peek in to the OpenJDK Bug database (JIRA)
- OpenJDK9 - jimage [Interesting]
- Finally go to the Advanced levels.